November NICU Awareness Month is a time to highlight the importance of Neonatal Intensive Care Units and their amazing staff around Australia. Offering specialised care and making a difference to the more than 48,000 babies born premature or sick each year. 132 babies are born each day requiring specialised care, once again we need you to help us help them.
Below are some ways to get involved, raise awareness and vital funds:
- Host a morning or afternoon tea, asking for a donation in exchange for some sweet treats.
- Invite friends over for a BBQ - BYOD (Bring Your Own Donation).
- Do you have a Christening, Birthday or key event scheduled for November? Encourage your guests to donate, in lieu of gifts.
- Get your workplace involved and celebrate in style!
- Get active and support miracles! Run, jog or walk whilst raising money for a great cause. Participate in your favourite sporting event whilst being a champion for Miracle Babies Foundation.
- Host a Friends Night In, eat, drink and fundraise.
- Sell Miracle Babies merchandise at your event to raise funds.
- Corporate venues could activate a special event or activity supporting World Prematurity Day (17th November) or Thank U NICU Day (last Friday in November); honouring the specialty nurses, doctors and hospitals that provide the best care for premature and sick newborns.
Did you know that 132 babies are born each day in Australia requiring specialised care? Just $67 supports a miracle family through their journey.
Calling all Workplaces:
- Gather colleagues and host an event.
- Donate a portion of sales from a product or service during the month of November.
- Champion Miracle Babies in your workplace through Workplace Giving Donations.
Share your Story
Create awareness for premature and sick newborns by sharing your very own Miracle Journey with our miracle community.